NOTD: Glittery Grey

Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: Glittery Grey
As you might have seen in my last blog post Denim & Fishnet Socks, I've done some nail art again. I didn't feel like going over the top, so I only put it on one nail. The days I would put a different design on all of my nails are definitely over, but that doesn't mean I've gotten boring in my nail art. Besides that, it takes me a lot of less time to actually put a nail art on my nails. Life's gotten pretty busy ever since I started working, so this really is very convenient too. Let me just show you how easily this nail art is. 
Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: Glittery Grey: Catrice 114 The Sky so Fly
First of all, you start with a base. I chose a bright blue one (surprise, surprise) from Catrice, put on top of a base coat. It was a "fashion color" when I bought it, i.e. one of Pantene's colours of the season, called 'Serenity'. Catrice named the colour "114 The Sky So Fly". 

Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: Glittery Grey: washi tape
When this was all well dried, I put on some washi tape. I don't really have big striping tape, so this was my next best option. Whatever tape you use, make sure there's no air bubbles at the side you will be putting paint on, because it might get underneath the tape and leave you with precise cleaning up

Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: Glittery Grey: Catrice 610 ASHley
Next I put a grey polish in between the two striping tape pieces. This one was "610 ASHley" from Catrice, which is a nice grey colour with great coverage. The coverage is important here because you will want to get it done in just one layer. If you use two layers of the grey colour, the accent on the accent nail will get really bulky, which isn't pretty imho. 


Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: Glittery Grey: Essence jelly flakes top coat 04 north pole princess
You don't have to wait until the polish is dry to go to the next step. Choose a sparkly polish you like and simply put it on top of the grey one. You can put as much on it till you thing the glitters are perfect. Again, I wouldn't put too much on it because it could get bulky. 
I used Essence's jelly flakes top coat "04 north pole princess", which I got from the Essence Advent Calendar of 2015.

Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: Glittery Grey
Remove the striping tape and don't do anything for about an hour. Best thing is you do this at a time you usually don't do anything, for example when you're watching TV. Because the grey layer didn't dry, it will take a while to get everything well dried. Of course you could let the grey polish dry before applying the glitters, but in my experience glitters make every dried polish super liquid again, so you would have to wait anyway.

Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: Glittery Grey
When everything is all dried well, take two pieces of grey striping tape and apply it to the sides of the glittery grey part. Apply top coat and you're done! 
Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: Glittery Grey Nail Art

You see, this nail art doesn't require a lot of work and if you're planning on sitting in front of the TV or computer for an hour, it doesn't require that much extra time. I just love to see what an accent nail can do to your painted nails. However, I'm planning on doing my next nail art on all of my nails.

What do you think of my nail art? 😃

xo Noor


https://www.facebook.com/clothesanddreamshttps://twitter.com/clothesndreamshttp://instagram.com/clothes_and_dreamshttp://www.pinterest.com/clothesanddream/

Labels: , ,